Wednesday 1 June 2011

Washed Clean

Today is the first day after the first lesson of my photography course, taken with the Cape Photographic Company  It is also my commitment to Project 365 to take a photograph a day. 

So here goes.  My first day with new skills.  It is not as easy at is looks, but at least I am starting to understand the mistakes that I make.  

As I was pottering around in the kitchen at about 07h30, I looked out of the lounge window, and saw the incredible colours playing across the remnant of cloud in the sky.  You see, it has rained, a lot, over the last few days.  Now, the incredible thing about lots of rain is that it washes the world clean.  Those tired dust-covered plants are perky, clean and green.  And the sky:  here in Cape Town with our good Cape Doctor, well the sky, except for the clouds is crystal clear, and the air sparkles with crisp colour. 

Here are some of my efforts to capture that:
Gulls enjoying the sunrise
Sunrise over Fish Hoek Beach
Gulls on the shore
Another beautiful, autumn day in Cape Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment